Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through the web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, it allows a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve their service.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and process the data obtained, two types can be distinguished: own cookies and third-party cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be session cookies or persistent cookies.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed: technical cookies, personalization cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies and advertising cookies.
COOKIES USED ON NETWORKS
The following are the cookies that are being used by this portal as well as their type and function:
La pàgina web utilitza Google Analytics, un servei d’analítica web desenvolupada per Google, que permet el mesurament i anàlisi de la navegació a les pàgines web. En el seu navegador podrà observar 4 cookies d’aquest servei. Segons la tipologia anterior es tracta de cookies pròpies, de sessió i d’anàlisi. Podeu trobar més informació al respecte i inhabilitar l’ús d’aquestes cookies.
Web analytics provides information on the number of users accessing the web, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal you are using, or the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal.
Another cookie that is downloaded is a technical cookie called ASP.NET_SessionId. These cookies allow us to store a unique identifier per session through which it is possible to link data necessary to enable browsing in progress.
Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently logged in, and are used to identify them on websites and services for the following purposes:
• Keep the user identified in such a way that, if they close a service or website, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day they re-enter that service or website, they will remain identified, thus facilitating their navigation. without having to re-identify. This functionality can be deleted if the user presses the “Exit” functionality, so that this cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the website the user must log in to be identified.
• Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
• In addition, some services may use third-party plugins such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google. When the user registers in a service with credentials of a social network or third party identification system, he authorizes the same to keep a persistent cookie that remembers his identity and guarantees access to the web until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the website through social networks or third-party identification system by updating their preferences on the specific social network.
POLITICAL ACCEPTANCE OF COOKIES
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
• Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
• Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
• Modify the settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy and modify the settings of your browser.
How to modify the cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies using your browser. The operation is different in each browser, the ‘Help’ function will show you how to do it.
• Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
• FireFox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
• Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
• Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your línia choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/