The company J. Vilella Felip S.L. It was founded in the 1940s and has been involved in the waste management sector ever since. Its activity focuses on the classification of waste according to its characteristics in order to obtain its maximum recovery. The company has containers, self-compactors, as well as its own fleet of vehicles.
At present, the management and the VILELLA team assume the commitment to maintain the essence that inspired the initial project: “Integral Management and Transport of waste” through the constant work to be able to apply the best technology in the waste management, convinced that obtaining raw materials from waste is the only means available to ensure the sustainability of resources, as well as to generate a positive impact. VILELLA is also aware of the impact of the center on the environment and the importance of the treatment of materials managed under the highest quality criteria, thus increasing the satisfaction of customers and society in general. Therefore, it is committed to developing its activity from the protection and respect for the environment, in a framework of continuous improvement of the management system for the improvement of the environmental performance of the organization. The basic principles that govern the Environmental Policy in VILLA are:
- Recover as much as possible all the recoverable fractions of the managed waste, making the final waste as small as possible.
- Comply with the legal requirements that affect our activity and our products, whether it is developed by our customers or binding and maintain continuous monitoring of its evolution. Also comply with those requirements that we assume voluntarily.
- Guarantee the protection of the environment and prevent pollution, making decisions consistent with nature, minimizing the actual or potential impact of our activity on the environment.
- Contribute to the environmental awareness of stakeholders, gradually incorporating life cycle and circular economy criteria.
Increase stakeholder satisfaction through the continuous improvement of our Environmental Management System by meeting their requirements and expectations. Develop and improve current activities with an emphasis on saving energy and natural resources, as well as minimizing solid, liquid and gaseous waste effluents generated as a philosophy of pollution prevention.
- Establish the framework for the definition and deployment of objectives.
- Provide the necessary human and material resources to ensure the training of staff, so that it involves the correct application of established procedures and operating instructions and awareness of the importance of their operations in the process of continuous improvement and prevention of pollution.
The management of VILELLA will provide the necessary resources to make this policy a reality, from the conviction that the challenges we pose must be addressed collectively by all the people who are part of this project.